Job Family is an HR term. Jobs that share a common set of competencies, perform common functions within the organization, and form a logical career path typically belong in the same job family. Job Group is a CompetencyCore term. Job Groups are used to organize jobs for any reason. You might group jobs together because they’re part of the same department. But as a best practice, we recommend setting up Job Groups on your site to mirror the Job Families in your organization.
Articles in this section
- What's the difference between a job and a position?
- Is a job group the same thing as a job family?
- What does "Published with draft" mean?
- Why don't all jobs have a detailed description?
- Can I change the competency headings on jobs?
- Can I change the order of requirements on jobs?
- How can I hide positions on jobs?
- How do I bulk publish jobs?
- Why aren't jobs updated when I edit a competency?
- How can I view previous versions of a job?