The Competency Profiler collects input from employees when selecting competencies. Once complete, you can automatically update jobs with the survey results. Using the survey tool is also a great way to document your competency profiling process. Add comment boxes to capture the rationale behind competency selections, create on-screen instructions and email invitations to send to participants, and set a due date for survey submissions.
In this article:
How competency profile surveys work
- Create: An administrator creates a shortlist of competencies (the survey).
- Dispatch: The survey is sent to users. One user is the reviewer and the others are contributors.
- Submit: The contributors submit their responses to the reviewer.
- Validate: The reviewer makes a final selection to validate the survey.
- Publish: The administrator publishes the results to update jobs with the selected competencies.
Creating and dispatching a competency profile survey
- Click Surveys in the main menu and click Create on the top right of the page.
- Enter a name and invitation message which are included in the email sent to participants.
- Enter a survey introduction that appears when participants first open the survey. Click Next.
- Select Core, Job Family, or Job Specific in the Survey Type drop-down.
- Enter the minimum and maximum number of competencies participants can select.
- Select whether or not to pre-populate the survey with previously published competencies.
- Select whether or not to make comments mandatory.
- For job specific surveys, select whether to include proficiency levels and click Next.
- Click Add Competencies. Select competencies, close the window, and click Next.
- Click Add Participants. Select users to participate, close the window, and click Next.
- Select the participant who will be the reviewer or select Make me the reviewer. Click Next.
- Select Dispatch now or select a start date.
- Select the Basic dispatch mode.
- Select a due date for Contributors.
- Click Dispatch to email a survey link to participants.
If you selected Dispatch now, they'll receive the email within 15 minutes. If you selected a start date, they'll receive an email on that date.