We can import the reporting hierarchy of your organization, but you should discuss this option with your Client Success Specialist. They'll provide you with an Excel spreadsheet. Follow the instructions below to fill in your employee information and email the spreadsheet to your Client Success Specialist, who will check for accuracy and completeness and return it to you for correction if needed.
You'll be notified once we've imported the information into CompetencyCore, and we strongly recommend that you review the imported information. This process takes two business days. Please note that we complete the initial import as a courtesy, but there is a fee for subsequent imports.
- Employee ID: Does not need to be real (you can use consecutive numbering), but if they have real employee numbers, it's best to use them.
- First name and last name of the employee.
- Employee email: Needs to be unique.
- Supervisor ID: The Employee ID of the supervisor to whom the employee reports. For example:
- The top position is the CEO, Harper Stokes, who reports to herself (1).
- Oliver (3) reports to Adam (2).
- Kaitlynn, Mitchell, Madalynn, and Samantha report to Oliver (3).
- Sophia and Ingrid report to Madalynn (6).
- If the employee doesn't report to anyone, you can leave this field blank.
- Username: Needs to be unique. We recommend using employee email addresses.
- Position title: If the position can be found in CompetencyCore, that position is used. If the position is filled by another user, they're replaced with the user specified in the import file. If no position can be found, a new one is auto-created and associated to the specified job title.
- Job title: If the job can be found in CompetencyCore, it's associated to the user's position. If no match is found, a new job is auto-created. To make sure the job is correctly matched:
- Double check that the spelling is correct.
- Don’t leave trailing spaces.
- Don’t treat “and” and “&” as the same.
- City: Enter the name of the city where the employee is located.
- Country: Enter a code from Country Codes.pdf attached at the bottom of this page. If there's a default country for new users on your site (go to Administration () > Settings > Site) that country will be listed for users who have no country specified in the import file.
- Language: Enter a number from the list below. Make sure the language you choose is installed in your site. If you leave this column blank, the site's default language will be used.
- 1: Canadian English
- 2: Canadian French
- 9: American English
- 11: French
- Hire date: Use the format YYYY-MM-DD.
- Job level: If the level can be found in CompetencyCore, it's associated to the job. Only one level can be associated to each job. If the job is already associated to another level, it's replaced with the level specified in the import file.
- Security profile: If the security profile can be found in CompetencyCore, the user is added to that profile. If you set a default security profile on your site (go to Administration () > Settings > Site) the user is added to that profile as well. If the field is left blank, the user is added to the default security profile.
- Department: If the department can be found in CompetencyCore, the user's position is added to that department. If no match is found, a new department is auto-created. If the department of a user’s position is changed, the user’s position is assigned to the new department and removed from the old one. If the field is left blank, the position is removed from all departments. You can only import one department per position, but you can add more directly in CompetencyCore.
- Team: A team is referred to as a "User Group" in CompetencyCore. These are separate from departments and have no hierarchy so users can be grouped for any reason. If the group can be found in CompetencyCore, the user is added to that group. If no match is found, a new group is auto-created. If a user's group is changed, the user is added to the user group and removed from the old one. If the field is left blank, the user is removed from all user groups. You can only import one group per user, but you can add more directly in CompetencyCore.
- Enabled: Enter 1 to enable the user and 0 to disable them. If the field is left blank, the user is enabled by default.