Competencies are abilities, skills, knowledge, motivations, or traits that you can observe and define in terms of behaviours required to succeed in a job. They're the foundation of the CompetencyCore talent management solution.
- For employees, competencies help identify strengths, address performance gaps, and plan a successful career path that maximizes potential.
- For managers, competencies provide a reliable, actionable, and detailed method of evaluating and supporting employees.
- For the organization, competencies provide a powerful and consistent way to identify, develop, coordinate, and retain top talent.
There are different types of competencies you might have in your site:
- Core Competencies are required by all employees to enable your organization to achieve its mandate and vision. They describe in behavioural terms the key values and strengths that help differentiate your organization from its competitors.
General competencies describe the general behaviours, sometimes called soft skills, required to perform effectively in a range of jobs within the organization.
Job family competencies are shared by a family of related jobs that have common functions and form a logical group for acquiring resources and managing careers.
- Leadership competencies are required for successful performance in roles that involve managing, supervising, or influencing others.