Get started in six steps:
- Personalize my site
- Add users
- Set up the org structure
- Assign permissions
- Create library content
- Build or customize job descriptions
Personalize my site
Upload a logo and fill out your company information to brand your CompetencyCore site.
- Click the gear icon on the top right of your screen.
- Click Settings in the Administration menu.
- Select Company under General Settings.
- Upload a logo, enter your company details, and click Save.
Check out the how-to video for more detail.
Users are people with CompetencyCore accounts. You can create accounts for each employee in your organization or import accounts in bulk.
To create or import user accounts, follow the steps in the Users guide.
Set up the org structure
- Positions define the structure and hierarchy of your organization. A position is assigned to a user and to a job.
- Departments are containers for positions. Put positions in departments to organize them.
- User groups are not about reporting hierarchy; they're containers for users. For example, a user group could have members from multiple departments who are working on the same project together.
To create positions, departments, and user groups, follow the steps in the Org structure guide.
A security profile is a list of permissions such as 'Manage Libraries' or 'View Jobs'. Each profile has different permissions turned on or off. A profile can be assigned to users, positions, departments, or user groups. If a security profile is assigned to a department, its permissions apply to all positions in that department.
Your site comes with two default security profiles:
- Administrators Security Profile: for HR administrators who manage the site or create content.
- Regular Users Security Profile: for employees accessing the site to view content and perform tasks like taking an assessment. This is the default profile assigned to all users.
To manage the permissions on security profiles, follow the steps in the Permissions guide.
Create library content
Libraries are containers for the building blocks of your site. All of the content and activities in CompetencyCore are built using these items stored in libraries:
- Knowledge Areas
- Working Conditions
- Additional Information
To customize your own library content, follow the steps in the Quick start for Libraries.
Build or customize job descriptions
Jobs are built using items from the libraries on your site. This includes competencies and job description items. To build or customize your own job descriptions, follow the steps in the Quick start for Jobs.