In this article:
- What are job insights?
- Insights permissions
- View job data
- Export job data
- View employee data
- Customize the minimum match %
What are job insights?
Job insights are a collection of data about the jobs in your organization. We compare this data with user profiles to provide statistics, calculations, and lists that indicate which employees can fill each role. This information helps to identify areas for improvement, inform and strengthen HR decisions, and keep track of new opportunities.
Follow these steps to allow the users on your site to access Insights:
- Click the gear icon on the top right of your screen.
- Click Security Profiles in the Administration menu.
- Find the security profile you want to change and click its shield icon .
- Click Insights in the side menu or scroll down to the Insights permissions.
- Select the Access Insights permission and click Save.
View job data
Click Job Insights in the main menu to open a table listing the jobs on your site. These statistics do not include disabled or ungrouped jobs. Click a job to view more detailed data. Refer to the list below to learn more about each data point.
|Incumbents||The number of users in positions associated to the job.|
|Vacancies||The number of positions associated to the job that are not filled by a user.|
|Bench Strength||An indication of how easily a role can be filled. We compare job requirements and user profiles of non-incumbents to calculate the bench strength for each job. Higher numbers indicate a stronger bench. Bench strength is recalculated daily. Check out the How bench strength is calculated article to learn more.|
|Incumbent match %||The average match percentage of the incumbents. This value is broken down by library type and is recalculated daily.|
|Frequency within career paths||The number of shared and private paths that currently include this job.|
|Similar jobs||A list of up to five of the most similar jobs. Each library type is weighted equally when matching jobs to other jobs. Weights set by the administrator on the Job Matching page apply in user-to-job but not job-to job matching.|
Export job data
Data can be exported to Excel from the Job Insights landing page. To control what's included in the exported file, use the filters. Search for a specific job, select a job level, or select a job group. The jobs that show up based on the filters are what will exported to Excel.
View employee data
Clicking a job on the Job Insights landing page opens more detailed data. From here, switch to the Employees tab to access three lists of employees displayed in tabs across the top of the page.
- View a list of users in positions associated to this job.
- Click an employee name to view a breakdown of their match percentage.
- See how complete their profile is and when it was last updated.
- View a list of users who match the job at or above the minimum match percentage.
- Change the percentage in the filter to see more users who match to the job.
- A gold medal indicates users who match at 100% and have at least one extra item on their profile that exceeds the job requirements.
- A checkmark indicates users who have added this job to their career path.
- Click the Potential button to add a user to the list of Potential job candidates.
- View a list of users you've marked as potential from the Bench.
- Users added as Potential still appear on the Bench.
- Click the icon to remove a user from the Potential list.
Customize the minimum match %
The bench includes user who meet job requirements at or above the percentage specified in Settings. Follow the steps below to adjust that percentage.
- Click the gear icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Click Settings in the Administration menu.
- Click Insights in the side menu.
- Enter a new minimum match percentage and click Save.