Bench strength = Sum of the likelihood of bench employees filling a job / # of associated positions
For example: A job is associated to two positions and there are five employees on the bench:
- Employee 1 matches five jobs at a value equal to or greater than x*.
- Employee 2 matches three jobs.
- Employee 3 matches two jobs.
- Employee 4 matches one job.
- Employee 5 matches three jobs.
The number of job matches for each employee includes jobs from levels equal to or greater than their current role. The value of x is a minimum match % defined in settings.
|Step 1: To calculate the sum of the likelihood of bench employees filling a job, divide the number of jobs each employee matches to into 1 and add these values together:|
|1/5 + 1/3 + 1/2 + 1/1 + 1/3 = 2.36666666667|
|Step 2: Divide the sum calculated in step 1 by the number of positions associated to the job:|
|2.36666666667 / 2 = 1.18|
|Result: The bench strength is 1.18|