Plans are made up of goals that are often related to competencies so you can improve your performance. To base your plan on a completed assessment, first go to My Assessments and expand Assessments where I am the subject. Point to a completed assessment gear icon and select Create Development Plan. The plan bases the goals on the gaps between the targets and the ratings of your assessment.
Follow the steps below to create a new development plan.
- Expand Development in the main menu and click Plans.
- Click Create Plan on the top right of the page.
- Enter a plan name. Plans often use the name of the job they're being created for.
- If available, select a plan type. You might need to select a target.
- If available, select a cycle. Set due dates for each stage or an overall due date.
- Start typing the name of a job and select one that appears in the drop-down.
- Click Next to continue creating your plan or Save and Close to return to it later.
- If there are custom fields on the plan type you selected, you can fill those in here.
- Click the Add participants link to include your manager.
- Click Add New and select a goal option. The options available depend on the plan type.
- Competency Goal: Suggestions are based on the competencies required on the job.
- Custom Goal: Enter a name for your goal. Click Save and Continue to fill in custom fields.
- Goals from Assessments/Plans: Add competency gaps and incomplete goals.
- Corporate Goal: Select the corporate goals to include in your plan.