Logged in users with the Post Jobs permission turned on can post jobs on your organization's job board. These jobs can be public for anyone to view and apply to, or internal jobs that only logged in employees can see.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
1 Post jobs
- Go to your job board and log in as a user with permission to post jobs.
- Click Job Posts on the top left of your screen.
- Click Post a new job.
- Enter a job title and description.
- Select whether or not you want to include the company description.
- Select a country. If you select:
- Canada or the United States, a drop-down list of cities appear when you enter a name in the next field. Select one of these options for your job to be properly posted.
- Any other country, enter the city name in the next field (this creates the location ID).
- Click the Industries text box to open a drop-down list of industries and select up to three.
- To make the post public on your job board, turn off the Internal Post switch (remember that public jobs located in Canada will also be posted on CareerAim.com).
- Choose where to receive job applications. If you select:
- Job Board, enter the email address applications are sent to in the next field.
- External website, enter the website URL in the next field.
- Click Preview Job Post to see how the job post will appear.
- Click Post to publish the job post. Click Save draft if you don't want to publish yet.
2 Manage jobs
Click Job Posts on the top left of your screen. You'll see a table listing all of the jobs you've posted. Note that jobs posted by other users with permission to post jobs don't appear.
Click a job name to see a preview. In the table you can see the location, number of applicants (the number in brackets is the number of unread applications), number of views, date it closes, internal or private, and the status. If you have a long list of job posts, try filtering the list by status: All, Draft, Open, Closed, or Archived.
Point to the gear icon of the job you want to manage and choose to Edit, Duplicate, or Close.
The changes made when you edit a job will appear on the job board within four hours.
Closed jobs disappear from search results within four hours. If the job is already closed, the options are Duplicate or Archive. Archived jobs are hidden, but they're not deleted. To retrieve an archived job, select Archived in the Status filter, point to the job gear icon , and choose Unarchive.
3 Review Applicants
Click the number of applicants in the Applicants column on the job post page. You'll see another table listing all of the applicants for that job post. Click the magnifying glass icon to see the applicant's resume and click the page icon to see their cover letter. Point to the stars in the Rating column.
- To rate an applicant five stars, click the fifth star in the row.
- To change the rating, click a different star.
- To remove all of the stars, click the remove icon .
To remove an applicant from the list, click the trash can icon and then click OK to confirm your request. Keep in mind that after deleting an application, you won't be able to get it back if you change your mind.
To filter the list of applicants, select an option in the Minimum Rating filter. To quickly view the applicants for a different job, click the Job Post drop down and select a different job post.