Once your test is complete, you can dispatch it to a group of users. These dispatches are easy to manage so you won't lose track of the progress users are making on your test.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
1 Create a new dispatch
Click Dispatches in the main menu and then click the New Dispatch button on the top right of the page. A new window opens where you can select the test you've just created.
OR click Tests in the main menu, point to the 3-dot icon of a test, and choose Dispatch.
The dispatch takes the test name by default, but you can change it if needed.
Click the Create button. The Dispatch opens in draft mode. The first step is to add subjects. Click the plus icon on the top right of the page and select the users on your site that you want to send this test to.
Next, select test options:
- Requires validation: If a user meets the target and the CompetencyCore Inventory module is installed on your site, a competency can be added to that user's inventory. Selecting this option displays a Validation checkbox on the Subject's Report which the administrator needs to select before the competency is added to the user’s inventory.
- Requires secure login: requires users to log in before taking the test.
- Minimum days between retest: If the test has already been taken by the user on a previous dispatch, they won't be able to access it until the number of days specified here have passed (the date they last completed the test is subtracted from the current date).
- Email results to participants: Users receive an email in addition to viewing their results at the end of the test.
- Time zone: adjusts the dispatch time to the time the test-taker's own time zone.
Enter a name and description and then select the options for the downloaded PDF reports.
- Show status (the user's status: not started, in progress, or completed).
- Show participant ID (the name of the user).
- Show date/time finished
Once you've finished selecting options and adding subjects, click the Save button.
2 Add multiple tests to the dispatch
Save time by dispatching multiple tests at once. After creating the dispatch, click the Actions button on the top right of the page and choose Add Test.
Select a test to dispatch and enter a name for this assembly. They're called assemblies within the dispatch because a test sent to multiple users returns multiple completed versions of the same test (one for each user). Each test dispatched is really an "assembly" of tests.
3 Schedule the dispatch
To dispatch the test to users, click the Schedule button on the top right of the page.
Click the Start date field to select the date the test will be dispatched, or select Dispatch now. Then select a Due date for the test. To send automatic reminders (which includes both an email and a notification in Testing), select Reminders and enter how often they should be sent out. Then click the Schedule button.
Users receive an email and a notification on the start date.
To send a reminder email manually, click Dispatches in the main menu and click the airplane icon beside the test that you want to remind participants about.