Settings allow you to control what users can do, what options they see when they set up their own plans, and how plan updates are communicated.
In this article, you'll learn more about:
1 Creation settings
To manage these settings:
- Click the gear icon on the top right of your screen.
- Click Settings in the Administration menu.
- Click Plans in the side menu.
- Create development/performance plans from an assessment: If this is turned off, users with access to the My Assessments page can still create a development plan from an assessment. This setting just hides the option to create a development plan from the Assessment Complete page.
- Auto-create position: Users need to be assigned to a position to create a plan. If they're not, this setting allows one to be automatically added when they self-create their own plan.
2 Communication settings
As plans are updated, participants are notified. You can control when participants are notified and what actions send an automatic email. Use the default emails set up on your site, customize those emails, or create new ones.
- Category for dispatch emails: This is the category of content documents that you can select from for the subject and manager dispatch emails.
- Subject dispatch email: Select a document for the email sent to subjects when a plan is dispatched. To customize this email, follow the steps in the content documents article.
- Manager dispatch email: Select a document for the email sent to subjects when a plan is dispatched. To customize this email, follow the steps in the content documents article.
- Plan notifications: Users also see this checklist in their own personal settings where they can override these defaults.
3 Configuration settings
- Private comments: Allow participants to make their comments private so only they can view them.
- Unlimited comment editing: Remove the one hour time limit on editing and deleting comments.
- Development/Performance plan types: Choose plan types to make available to users creating their own plans. Selecting just one hides this option from users which simplifies the creation process.
- Include peers and reports on development/performance plans: Offer the option of including peers and reports when users are self-creating a plan or dispatching a template.
- Modify cycle: Allow users to control access on individual plans. Regardless of whether this setting is turned on or off, stage due dates can always be modified.