Before you begin
Libraries store and organize your library items (which are typically competency groups and competencies) so you can use those competencies in other modules.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
- Understand what competencies are and how they're set up.
- Navigate libraries and competencies.
- Export competencies to PDF or Word.
- Search for competencies.
What are competencies?
Competencies are abilities, skills, knowledge, motivations, or traits that you can observe and define in terms of behaviours required to succeed in a job. They're the foundation of the CompetencyCore talent management solution.
- As an employee, competencies help you identify strengths, address performance gaps, and plan a successful career path that maximizes your potential.
- For managers, competencies provide a reliable, actionable, and detailed way of evaluating and supporting employees.
- For the organization, competencies provide a powerful and consistent way to identify, develop, coordinate, and retain top talent.
Competences include four parts:
- Competency description
- Proficiency levels
- Notions (these are summaries of the proficiency levels).
- Behavioural indicators (these are examples of the behaviours).
Finding my way around
All of your competencies are stored in Libraries. Click the menu icon on the top left corner of your screen and then click Libraries in the main menu to access them. You'll see all of your libraries displayed on tiles.
Clicking the name of the Library opens the Library side menu. You can click a group in the side menu to open a list of the competencies in that group. Click the name of a competency to open it.
Point to the download icon on the top right of a competency you've opened and choose Export to PDF or Export to Word. The file downloads in your browser and is stored in your default Downloads location. Now you have a printable version of the competency:
Searching for competencies
Don't see the competency you're searching for?
There's a search bar you can always access in the header. Make sure Libraries is selected in the drop-down, enter your keyword in the search bar, and press Enter on your keyboard.
The Libraries that have search results for your keyword appear as buttons across the top of the page. Click a button to view the search results in a specific library. The button of the library you're currently viewing is highlighted in blue.
For each library, you'll see a list of competencies that include that keyword. Find the competency you want to take a closer look at and click its name to open it. You'll see the term highlighted in every time it appears in the competency.
Click the arrow icon on the right of the page to open the full view of the competency.