Before you begin
Libraries store and organize your library items (which are typically competency groups and competencies) so you can use those competencies in other modules.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
- Understand what competencies are and how they're set up.
- Navigate libraries and competencies.
- Export competencies to PDF or Word.
- Search for competencies.
What are competencies?
Competencies are abilities, skills, knowledge, motivations, or traits that you can observe and define in terms of behaviours required to succeed in a job. They're the foundation of the CompetencyCore talent management solution.
- As an employee, competencies help you identify strengths, address performance gaps, and plan a successful career path that maximizes your potential.
- For managers, competencies provide a reliable, actionable, and detailed way of evaluating and supporting employees.
- For the organization, competencies provide a powerful and consistent way to identify, develop, coordinate, and retain top talent.
From the index, you can click a competency name to open it and see the:
- Competency description
- Proficiency levels
- Notions (these are summaries of the proficiency levels).
- Behavioural indicators (these are examples of the behaviours).
Finding my way around
All of your competencies are stored in Libraries. Click the menu icon on the top left corner of your screen and then click Libraries in the main menu to access them. You'll see all of your libraries displayed and you can choose to view or manage each one.
Clicking View opens the Library Index. You can click a competency group in the index to expand a list of the competencies in that group.
Point to the download icon and choose Export to PDF or Export to Word to save the competency. The file downloads in your browser and is stored in your default Downloads location.
Now you have a printable version of the competency:
Searching for competencies
Don't see the competency you're searching for?
Enter a keyword in the search bar at the top of top of the page and press Enter.
You'll see a list of competencies that include that keyword. Find the competency you want to take a closer look at, point to the gear icon , and choose View.
You'll see the term highlighted in green every time it appears in the competency.