Welcome! If you're using Development for the first time, this is a great place to get started. Before diving into the how-to articles, we'll give you a quick overview.
In this article, you'll learn more about:
1 What are plans?
Plans are a customizable collection of goals. Goals can be based on competencies, like moving up to level 2 in Client Focus, or they can be general, like aiming to read five books. Plans help you to:
- Schedule: Set a due date for each stage in the plan and for each goal.
- Connect to resources: Attach learning resources to goals so you know how to achieve them.
- Measure development: Involve a manager to rate your progress.
- Encourage accountability: Involve other participants like peers and reports to provide feedback.
- Build a profile: As competency goals are completed, they're added to your profile.
2 How it works
A plan is based on a plan type, which determines the content, scoring, and rating of a plan. Within a plan type are goal types that determine the content, properties, and rating of goals. Those goals are organized into groups for scoring. They can be formatted as competency goals or as custom goals.
Plans are either self-created or dispatched. Users can self-create their own personal plan and optionally involve their manager. To assign a plan to another user and their manager, it needs to be dispatched from a template. A template is a reusable plan that can be generic or associated to a job. Templates allow the same plan to be dispatched multiple times.