Before you begin
The audit log is a new feature that keeps track of who does what to the Libraries and Job Profiles in your CompetencyCore site. The audit log records the information you'll need to know, like which user deleted your general competencies in the Foundation library. But it doesn't fill up with unhelpful information. For example, a user saving an item without making a change wouldn't be recorded in the audit log. In this article, you'll learn how to view and filter records in the audit log.
View audit log
- Click the gear icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Expand Features in the sidebar.
- Click Audit Log at the bottom of the list of features.
You can search for items or filter the records by action, module, and date range.
- Search: Searches the Item column. The item name is the name of the library item (typically a competency) or job profile. So if a user modified a behavioural indicator, the item name would be the name of the competency that indicator belongs to rather than the name of the indicator itself.
- Action: Created, Modified, and Deleted. The Create action also includes Importing.
- Module: Currently actions in Libraries and Job Profiles are recorded.
- Date Range: The last 24 hours, one week, one month, or three months. Records older than 90 days are permanently wiped from the audit log.
For example, in the screenshot below we've used the filters to display only items that have been modified in Libraries within the last week.