We'll give you a quick tour of some important spots in CompetencyCore. The screenshot below highlights menus you'll use to navigate your site.
In this article, you'll learn more about:
- The main menu
- Your notifications
- Your personal menu
1 Main menu
Click the menu icon on the top left of your screen. You'll see the areas you have permission to access listed in a main menu. Clicking something in this menu such as Libraries opens the main Libraries page.
Click the close icon if you want to hide the menu so you can focus on a task. The menu will stay closed even if you go to a different page or close and reopen your browser. You'll always be able to click the menu icon to open it again.
Click Dashboard in the main menu to return to your homepage. The logo on the top left of your screen might also return you to the dashboard if that's how your administrator set it up. It might instead open the homepage of your company's website.
The bell icon on the top right of your screen turns orange when there's a new task to complete or an update about an activity you're a part of. For example, you'll receive a notification when a plan you're assigned to as a subject or manager is updated. Click the bell icon to view a notification with a link to the task so you can get started or review changes right away.
3 Personal menu
Click your profile picture on the top right of your screen to open your personal menu.
- Account: make changes to your profile photo, username, password, or contact details.
- Settings: customize your plan notifications, language, and time zone.
- Notifications: view updates about activities you're participating in or tasks to complete.
- Attachments: view and manage all of the files you've uploaded.
- Logout: log out of your account. Closing your browser also logs you out of your account.