In this article:
What are assessments?
Assessments are a tool employees can use to evaluate their own performance or the performance of another employee, such as a peer or report. There are different types of assessments and many customization options. We offer two types of assessments:
- In-depth assessments present a series of questions based on the behaviour from a single level of proficiency. For each question, participants rate how effectively an employee (the subject) performs the stated behaviour. In-depth assessments provide a detailed assessment of an employee's skills, so they're an excellent tool to evaluate, retain, and support talent in your organization.
- Snapshot assessments present a series of competencies. For each competency, participants select the proficiency level that reflects the subject's performance. Snapshot assessments provide an overview assessment that is an excellent tool for HR planning, employee development, and succession planning.
How assessments work
Assessments draw from the org structure, jobs, competencies, and other content set up on your CompetencyCore site:
- A job contains competencies which are used to create assessment questions.
- An assessment is sent to users who answer the questions to evaluate the subject's performance.
- Participant responses are compiled in a PDF report. Learning resources linked to competencies where the subject did not meet the target can be suggested. The subject can also create a development plan with goals based on these competencies.