Before you begin
CompetencyCore collects and stores a wide variety of information, including assessment results, contact information, and performance and development plan pieces. Sometimes you'll want to examine individual results, and other times you'll want to see the bigger picture by grouping the data into a single data export. Data Exports allow you to group similar pieces of data (such as the results of multiple assessments) into a single Excel file, which can then be analyzed using Excel tools, such as Pivot Tables.
In this article, you'll learn how to create and save custom data exports.
Step 1: selecting a type
- Click the gear icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Expand Data Exports in the sidebar and choose New Data Export.
- Select the type and click Next.
Step 2: selecting fields
- Point to a field to view its description.
- Select the fields to include. Each field will display as a column in Excel.
- Click Next.
Step 3: selecting filters
- Select one of the fields you have included in the data export.
- Specify a criteria.
- Enter your specific requirement.
- Select and or or and click the Add button to add an additional layer of filtering.
- Click Add to add another filter and repeat steps 1 to 4.
Sorting the results
In the Result Order table you can specify two levels of sorting. You can select a field to base your sort on in ascending or descending order. You can select a second field to sort within that.
For example, if your first sort level was based upon Assessment Name, you are likely to have multiple people completing the same assessment so you might want to have a second sort level within the assessment name by Subject Name.
Saving data exports
In this table you can enter the name you want to save the data export as and click Generate.
Example of a custom data export
- Select the Assessment Details type and click Next.
- Add all of the fields and click Next.
- Select the Rating field.
- Select the Greater Than criteria.
- Enter 3 as a specific requirement.
- Select and and click Add.
- Select Associated Library Item Name in the first drop-down.
- Select Equal to in the second drop-down.
- Enter the name of a competency such as "Communication" in the text field.
- Leave the Result Order table empty.
- Enter a name to save the Data Export as and click Generate.
This example would only include records in your data export where ratings were higher than three and the competency was Communication. If you select or instead of and but leave all of the other fields the same, your data export includes any records with the Communication competency as well as any records with a rating higher than three.