Before you begin
Tags are descriptive keywords that you can assign to competencies. Using tags makes it easier to organize, browse, and search for competencies.
For example, you can assign the tag "Custom" to all the competencies in your site that you've customized. Searching for the tag "Custom" will produce a list of all your customized competencies. You can also combine tags. For example, you could tag competencies with both "Transportation" and "Warehousing" to provide more specific search results.
You can add tags to items as you edit them or on the Manage Tags page in Administration. You can also control who is able to create tags using the Manage Tags permission (applied to a security profile) to make sure your tags stay organized.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
- Create a tag.
- Apply a tag to a library item.
- Search by tags.
- Click the gear icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Expand Features in the sidebar and choose Tags.
- Point to the gear icon and click Create Tag.
- Enter the name and description.
- Click Save.
- Click the menu icon on the top left corner of your screen.
- Click Libraries in the main menu.
- Click the View button on a library.
- Expand a group in the Libraries index and select an item.
- Click the pencil icon .
- Scroll to the tags field and enter a tag.
- Press Enter to save.
Searching by tags
- Click by Tags beside the search bar in the header.
- Type the tag in the search bar.
- Press Enter or select the tag in the drop-down menu.
- Press Backspace or click the X to remove the tag.
- Continue adding tags or press Enter again to search for the tag you entered.
- Click the name of a competency to view it.